Master of Arts in English: Creative Writing Specialty
Diploma of University Teaching
Attic Owl Reading Series Organizer
Chamber of Commerce Top 20 Under 40 Awardee
Living the Writing Life
Experienced, Well-Rounded & Passionate
I have a unique skillset that includes a Poet Laureateship, publication & performance, designing courseware for Air Traffic Controllers, working as a technical editor on Canada’s largest pipeline projects, subject matter expert facilitation & more.
My entire life revolves around writing. I regularly pursue professional development so that I can bring the best to my clients.
As a female entrepreneur & ally, I write & edit for nonprofits & businesses, assist poets & writers in elevating their craft for publication & combine honest but skilled feedback to help new writers find their voice.
SO YOU WANT TO WRITE A BOOK,
OR YOU need an Editor
I don’t believe “tearing apart” writing improves it. I offer supportive feedback & understanding that builds strong, authentic writing.
I believe it’s not what but how—everyone has their own unique voice & technique. My goal is to help you “write you”. However, I am a literary editor, which means that I am focused on helping you produce fine writing. This takes work.
Here are few things you should know about hiring me as your editor, mentor or writing consultant:
- I prefer a relaxed environment where we can all be ourselves
- Communication is important—from project to payment, I will listen
- I hold myself to industry standards
- Know what you want from me & your writing
- I don’t teach you how to write, I give you the skills
- My feedback is honest but kind
- Writing a books & improving your writing skills take time (6-24 months is average)
- I’m here to help you, but I’m still running a business
- As a top tier professional, my rates are fair & I offer payment plans
Upcoming Writing Classes
I create all my own courseware. Each participant receives a detailed handout & the opportunity to explore, grow & share. I offer safe, inclusive & encouraging spaces. Workshops are open everyone. Cost varies. Payment plans are available.
Click below to learn more or scroll down for current offerings!
2022 Fall Poetry
8-Weeks of Inclusive UNIVERSITY-LEVEL
Poetry classes on ZOom
From October 2nd to November 27th (with a break on October 30th) a maximum of 8 writers will gather on Zoom for 2.5 hours each Sunday afternoon. This 8-week course includes a thorough understanding of what poetry really is & building strong skills to become the poet you want to be! Everyone receives kind, constructive feedback. This Poetry Masterclass Course Includes:
- Process: How poets write & what inspires them
- Fine writing skills: Close reading & why that helps poets; “thinking” like a poet; technical guidance that advances a poet’s skillset by many years
- Diverse poetry: Explore poetry from many cultures & languages
- Research: One masterclass devoted to research & information literacy. Offered by the extraordinary MLS, information specialist & academic librarian Chelsea Heighton
- Performance: One masterclass devoted to performing your poems. Offered by professional actor & voice actor Jeff Bate Boerop
- Poetry as Visual Art: One masterclass devoted to exploring how visual art transforms our poetry
- Peer Critiquing Guide: A short, in-depth guide you can keep on how to offer focused & respectful feedback
- Weekly Feedback: From myself & each writer
Who can join? Adult writers of all levels and genres welcome.
Where can I join? On Zoom! Once you have paid your deposit, I will forward a link & the Peer Critiquing Guide
When can I join? Sundays, 2-430 PM AST, October 2nd to November 27th
2022 Fall Poetry Masterclass Course ~$500 CAD
*$100 non-refundable deposit needed to hold your place
Returning writers receive a $25 CAD discount!
Your voice is valuable & necessary. Without you, something important will be missing from the world.